PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) POLICY STATEMENT (PRIVACY STATEMENT)
We are aware that you may have concerns over disclosing information about yourself to us. This Privacy Statement explains, amongst other things, what information we collect about you on this WordPress page and the reasons for this.
Our primary aim in collecting personal information is to provide you with a customised experience on our website (aiming to show you information that is relevant to you) and to provide you with information you have asked for. We also collect information for statistical purposes and, where agreed by you, to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited pledges to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
In doing so, Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited will ensure compliance by its officers and staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by Clients via the Site and Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Site (whether registered or not) (“User(s)”).
Clients are strongly recommended to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited’s policy and practices about the treatment of personal information and data provided by the Clients on the Site.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to both registered and unregistered Clients, and the terms herein may be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time as Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited may deem necessary and/or appropriate.
By registering for or using the services/Site, or by clicking the ‘Sign up’ button, User:
- consent to Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited and/or Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing User’s personal data for the purposes as described below;
- consent to Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited and/or Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited’s group companies disclosing Clients’ personal data to Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited’s and/or Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited’s group companies’ third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Hong Kong) for the purposes as described below.
If Clients have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, they should contact Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries” below.
In this Privacy Statement, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
means user who places a job advertisement or promotes any activities via the Site.
means Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited
means Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited, West Aussie Migration Pty Ltd., TH Migrations and Visa Methods Inc.
“Clients” or “Applicants”
means Clients seeking TJA’s services. where pre or post engagement with TJA
“Sign up User(s)”
means Clients who sign up on the Site to obtain services offered by TJA. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Privacy Statement to “Clients” or “you” include references to generic Clients and Registered Clients.
means any website, job portal or mobile application owned and operated by TJA and its affiliates/subsidiaries.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Site, Clients may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Site, it may be necessary for Clients to provide TJA with their personal information and/or data. Although Clients are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Site, TJA will not be able to render certain services on the Site in the event that Clients fail to do so.
TJA’s purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following:
- for the daily operation of the services provided to Clients;
- to assist Clients with appropriate advice and representation for any of TJA’s professional services;
- to provide Clients with various services offered by the Site and newsletters, job openings and promotional and marketing materials (for further details, please refer to section headed “Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials” below);
- to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Clients;
- to contact Clients regarding administrative matters and communications relevant to his/her use of the Site and to respond to Clients’ inquiry or request;
- to assist TJA with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
- to verify the identity of Clients who have posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Site;
- to identify Clients who have viewed the Information posted on the Site;
- to allow Clients to enjoy their benefits as members of the Site by enrolling for special events and promotions hosted by TJA and or its affiliates and or partner company;
- to identify Clients who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Site by receiving and using marketing promotional materials;
- to facilitate TJA and/or its affiliates to use the Clients’ personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by TJA and marketing services and/or special event of TJA and/or its affiliates;
- to obtain statistics about Clients to analyze usage of the Site in order to help its further development for internal use; and
- for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to TJA and/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services as TJA may deem fit.
If a User is under the age of 13, TJA would strongly recommend him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact us, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries” for registering the User as member of the Site.
TJA strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
If TJA requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, we will request your prescribed consent to the same. If you are a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Only duly authorized staff or vendors of TJA will be permitted to access Clients’ personal information and data, and TJA shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
TJA agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Clients confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
TJA will only generally disclose and/or transfer Clients’ personal information and/or data to TJA’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to individual and/or corporate clients of TJA who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with Clients’ prior consent.
However, TJA may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by TJA to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Site, under a duty of confidentiality;
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of TJA who have been duly authorized by TJA to use such information and/or data;
- where TJA needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
- where TJA considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site;
- where TJA deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and
- where TJA deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Site.
Personal data collected via the Site may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which TJA or any member of the TJA Group operates. By using the Site, Clients are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized TJA to disclose and/or transfer their personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of the Clients’ country.
Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials
TJA and its affiliates may from time to time send to members and Clients of the Site newsletters, job openings and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that they have provided to TJA. TJA may use Clients’ data in direct marketing and TJA requires the Clients’ consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- the name, login ID and password, contact details, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience of Clients held by TJA from time to time may be used by TJA and/or its authorized personnel or staff in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
- travelling related products and services;
- job-hunting and agencies services offered other than by TJA;
- various courses and programs for Clients seeking jobs and career opportunities;
- special events hosted by TJA and its affiliates for members and Clients, including but not limited to courses, workshops, and competitions;
- reward, loyalty or privilege programs and related products and services;
- special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
- products and services offered by TJA’s affiliates and advertisers (the names of such affiliates and advertisers can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
However (except for where we assist charitable organisations) we will only market items which we believe are in the area of career related products and services.
- the above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by TJA and/or;
- TJA’s affiliates;
- third party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
- charitable or non-profit making organizations;
- in addition to marketing the above services, products, and subject itself, TJA also intends to provide the data described in paragraph (a) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and TJA requires the Clients’ written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose; and
- TJA may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (d) above and, when requesting the Clients’ written consent as described in paragraph (d) above, TJA will inform Clients if TJA receives any money or other property in return for providing the data to other persons.
In this regard, Clients may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or Clients’ account maintenance webpage, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message, or us, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries”.
Access to or request for correction of data
Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with TJA by contacting us, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries”. Subject to the paragraph below, User may alternatively edit, amend or delete his/her personal information and data at any time by logging into the “My TJA” section of the Site.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, TJA may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity.
Identity card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. TJA is required to respond to User’s requests within 40 days of his/her request and will endeavor to do so wherever possible, but TJA reserves the rights to charge the User a reasonable fee for doing so.
Cookies and Log Files
TJA does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Clients whilst they visit and browse the Site. When Clients access the Site, TJA records their visits only and does not collect their personal information or data.
The Site’s server software will also record the domain name, server, address and track the pages Clients visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the Clients being aware that they are occurring.
Clients can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but Clients can modify their individual browser settings to decline cookies if they prefer. However, Clients should note that disabling cookies on their browser may prevent them from taking full advantage of the Site.
TJA does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. TJA generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of the Site, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Site, track Clients’ movements and number of entries in TJA’s promotional activities and special events, measure Clients’ traffic patterns and administer the Site. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
In addition, our third party advertising companies may place cookies on some of the pages Clients visit on the Site. These cookies are designed to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to analyze Clients’ interests and searches on our Site to help deliver more relevant advertisements when Clients visit our Site and other websites.
The non-personally identifiable information collected by these cookies may be shared with other third parties for purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by TJA, TJA or its affiliates. Personal information and data from Clients may be collected on these other websites when Clients visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein.
Where and when Clients decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Site which grants Clients access to another website, the protection of Clients’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
Non-registered Clients who gain access to the Site via their accounts in online social networking tools (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Sina Weibo) are deemed to have consented to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and such Clients’ personal data which they have provided to those networking tools may be obtained by TJA and be used by TJA and its authorized persons in and outside of the User’s country for the purpose of providing services and marketing materials to the Clients. TJA and its authorized personnel may gain access and use the personal data of such Clients so obtained, subject to the other provisions of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to all TJA related Sites. Clients are reminded that this Privacy Statement grants no protection to Clients’ personal information and data that may be exposed on websites other than the Site, and TJA is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. Clients are strongly recommended to refer to the privacy policies of such other websites before using those websites.
TJA posts Clients’ testimonials on the Site, which may contain personally identifiable information such as the Clients’ names. TJA does obtain the Clients’ consent prior to posting the testimonials to post their names along with their testimonials.
The security of Clients’ personal information and data is important to TJA. TJA will always strive to ensure that Clients’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. TJA has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Clients’ personal information and data.
All personal information and data provided by Clients are only accessible by the authorized personnel of TJA or its authorized third parties, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal information and data.
Clients may be rest assured that their personal information and data will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected. Registered User should safeguard his/her unique Username and Password by keeping it secret and confidential and never share these details with anyone.
TJA uses a third party service provider to facilitate the electronic payment transactions on the Site.
TJA follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Clients to the Site, both during transmission and once TJA receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while TJA strives to protect Clients’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, TJA cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
Once TJA has obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in TJA’s system for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected as set out under the section headed “Purpose of Collection of Personal Data”.
Once registered, Clients may terminate his/her membership of the Site by contacting us, whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries“. TJA may retain User’s personal information even after User has closed his/her account if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes between Clients, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
TJA reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time as TJA deems necessary, so Clients are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently. If TJA decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, TJA will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places TJA deems appropriate so that Clients would be aware of what information TJA collects, how TJA uses it, and under what circumstances, if any, TJA discloses it.
If TJA makes material changes to this Privacy Statement, TJA will notify Clients on this webpage, by email, or by means of a notice on the home page of TJA. Such changes to this Privacy Statement shall apply from the time that TJA posts the same on this webpage. Clients’ continued use of the Site and services on the Site shall constitute acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Statement.
Should you have any enquiries relating to this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the following address:
Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited
Suite 2302, 23/F, New World Tower 1
18 Queen’s Road Central
HONG KONG SAR
Any personal data relating to you gathered by us in the registration process or during your use of the service will be recorded and only be used in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. The website uses various order and registration and/or assessment forms to enable you to request information, products and services.
In some cases you will need to provide us with information such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address and password. Any personal data we collect during registration or otherwise is designed to allow us to:
- personalise the site for you
- give you access to and to provide you with the right kinds of information related to your enquiry
- enable us to compile statistical information for regulatory or business purposes
- send, or call you about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
(We will only provide you with such marketing information with your prior agreement)
Using and Accessing TJA Websites
By accepting our Terms, you also agree to not post any material that a reasonable person would consider:
- As including any racial, sexual or other offensive, provocative or discriminatory language
- Is inappropriate to discuss within a forum which has Clients under the age of 18
- Is defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs
- That you do not have the necessary rights, licences and consents to post
- Constitutes spam, unauthorised advertising or solicits
- Infringes, dilutes, breaches, undermines or in any way constitutes unauthorised use of the intellectual property rights held by others including TJA and its related organisations
- Contains long embedded URLs
- Invades anyone’s privacy or impersonates anyone
- Is far off-topic as irrelevant posts lower the value of the debate for everyone and may be removed
- Encourages conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any law
- The comment appears to contain irrelevant or excessive links or appears to contain code
- Personal information as it is unacceptable to publicise your or anyone else’s contact details including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service
- In a different language to English or Chinese. Posts containing languages other than English or Chinese may be removed. Common greetings and salutations in languages other than English may be acceptable
- As raising your voice. The use of capital letters is considered as raising your voice in internet shorthand
- As inappropriate usernames that are vulgar or offensive, etc
We will not edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your posting contains none of the above to avoid it being removed.
Anyone posting a comment is deemed to accept TJA’s use and publication thereof. Notwithstanding any moderation, TJA cannot be held in any way responsible for the comments posted on any of TJA’s website or any of its other websites. No reliance should be placed on any comments and nothing on this site should be seen as a substitute for formal legal advice. TJA does not endorse, approve or promote any comments appearing on this site nor the authors thereof.
Copyright © 2014 – 2019
Thomas. Jefferson Associates Limited.
All Rights Reserved.